Wednesday, June 30, 2010

News FLASH

No pictures, because I was too slow.  But Flash, the rescued baby robin, has flown out on his own!  He flew from Mom's hand yesterday, but stayed all day in the trees right around the yard, chirping quite demandingly for food every time he saw one of us.  He would fly right down to Mom and land on her hand or shoulder to beg for food (which he was given, of course!).  He even hopped willingly back into his cage to sleep last night.  But this morning he took off again, and hasn't come to be fed again.  Pretty cool that he survived to maturity and took off to do whatever it is that robins do.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

    Completely amazing! That took what? Three weeks? I wonder if you (especially your mom) will see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I love a story with a happy ending. :)

    ReplyDelete