Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Little Boys

Henry's self-portrait. I had no idea that Henry had been experimenting with the camera until I downloaded the most recent set of pictures. But clearly, he HAS been taking a few pictures.

In other Henry news, I was dressing him this morning in a pair of plain sweat pants when he got excited and proclaimed, "Oh, yay! This is my CRANKY PANTS!" Apparently some time in the past when he was wearing those sweats, he was also having a rough time and I must have told him he was being Mr. Cranky Pants, or asked him if he was wearing his cranky pants that day, or something. Hee hee. I guess that my sweats can also be considered MY cranky pants, because if I'm having a cranky day, I most likely want to dress as comfy as possible ... in my sweats. My cranky pants.
*

* *
*
*
*
*
*


Henry is showing Henry's Baby how to use the potty. Henry himself is making very slow progress along those lines ... but I think Henry's Baby is doing very well.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Here is Gregory's battle fleet, all lined up in formation. This is how he spends a LOT of his time in the afternoons after kindergarten and lunch. He plays quietly for a couple of hours and then is up and ready for more action. Every now and then, the battle fleet gets lined up in his bed, and he falls asleep on the job. The big ship in the middle is a Star Wars toy, and all the little ones are ships he has created himself using Struxx building toys, which have to be his #1 favorite set of toys of all time. I have looked for additional sets of Struxx toys for him (because with the heavy use these have seen, bit by bit pieces are being lost, dropped down a/c vents, broken, vacuumed, or whatever), but can no longer seem to find them. Alas.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Henry's self-portrait BUT the photo of him putting his Baby on the potty is the funniest yet! I'm rather glad his Baby is doing well potty training! You should give Henry's Baby a small candy (skittle?) every time it goes. LOL! Maybe that would inspire Henry to do the same!

    Gregory's battle fleet (almost typed sheet...whoops) is very impressive. Even more so that he created those smaller ones by himself! Awesome Gregory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the cranky pants. Now all my sweats have to be called "cranky pants."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beth! Nothing makes a doll/toy maker happier than seeing their creation REALLY being included in a child's daily activities,and you can't get any better inclusion than this! I think the picture of Henry potty training his baby is my absolute favorite of any I have ever seen of my doll "action" shots. Do you mind if I add it to my website? Every time I send a doll off to their new home I can only hope they love it as much as Henry has loved his...very satisfying to see. Thank you! If you ever need repairs,cleaning or touch ups please let me know and I will be happy to get it done for you (if Henry could handle the separation that is). I have a blog too if you are interested..not as lovely or full as yours but I hope to add more to it soon. It is: http://thepineconegnome.typepad.com
    Hugs to you and the children!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete