Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weekend Update

Gregory has the game CANDYLAND in his kindergarten classroom, and has mentioned having fun with it several times when they had inside recess. I bought it the other day, and it HAS been lots of fun for the kids.
*

*
*
**
*
*
*
*
*
*

On a chily, drizzly afternoon, a pair of boys can have a surprisingly long while of fun with play-doh. After the long, unstructured summer we just had, and the continuing good weather we've mostly had since school started, we're just now having to remember how to amuse ourselves indoors.






8
8
8
8
*
*


BOO!
It has become a tradition for us to make a haunted gingerbread house every October. I love Wilton's ready-to-decorate kit because the kids have NO patience for the baking and assembling steps of gingerbread house-building. This way, it's all decorating! I did the icing, and the kids applied all the candy decorations.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! We should get out Candyland again...and I love that haunted house!!!! I'll have to see if I can find the kit here. I think it's awesome! Oh...we just made some kool-aid play dough using the recipe you gave me. The girls love it!

    ReplyDelete