Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cute Kids (if I do say so myself ... and I do.)

Do you remember Lily's 2nd grade science project with the pumpkin seed? They sprouted them in plastic baggies to watch the roots develop, then brought them home at the end of that science unit. Lily put her seed in a peat pot and grew a big, beautiful plant, which moved out into the big garden in June. Here is one of the three gorgeous pumpkins that grew on her plant.


And here's a chalk-covered Gregory who spent the entire afternoon outside after he got home from kindergarten today. It was really chilly, and by the time he came in for dinner he had little ice cubes where his hands were supposed to be. He got all chalky by lying on the sun-warmed, wind-protected sidewalk while doing a whole lot of chalk coloring.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's quite a pumpkin! Ours didn't make it this year. :( (but we have lots of butternut squash instead)

    I wish I could get the girlies interested in playing outside more. It seems they play outside for a few minutes until they start screaming about bugs and run back in. Sigh.

    I like Gregory's colorful pants! Hope the chalk comes out easily. LOL!

    ReplyDelete