Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School Is In Session!

Here's the whole crew before school this morning. I WAS just going to take a picture of the two school kids, but as I was posing them and telling to say "I'm a turkey nose!", little Henry marched right into the picture and said "I a turkey nose TOO!"
I had to park in the school parking lot this morning, instead of dropping them off at the drop-off loop. I had to be sure that Gregory got to the right place, and ... duh! ... had to take pictures of him! So here are the kids walking from the car to the school - not a part of the usual routine.

There's Gregory in the kindergarten line-up. He looks plenty big in that crowd, doesn't he? He always seems so little to me, but he's noticeably taller than the other kids around him in this photo.


The little boy next to Gregory was very VERY sad about being away from his Mom. Gregory spent a lot of time talking quietly and calmly to him, telling him that "If you survived preschool, you can survive kindergarten too." Gregory himself was completely composed. He just waved a cheery good-bye to me, smiled for a few pictures, and then started chatting casually with his teacher.

The lady in the black dress is Mrs. Dibling, Gregory's teacher. He came home today saying that he really liked her. So that's good. He also said that they had a lot of fun on the playground, colored, played with play-doh, and cut things out with scissors.

Henry and I ran some errands while the big kids were at school, then we took a leisurely walk down the driveway to wait for the kindergarten bus. We had a REALLY long wait, as the bus was extremely late. One of the other kindergarten mothers FORGOT to be there for the first bus of the year, and the bus had to wait there for a long time while everyone tried to figure out what to do with that kid who had no parent to meet him. I'm just glad it wasn't me who forgot!!

And... there's my boy! Smiley and happy at the end of his first school day and bus ride home. He chattered cheerfully on the way back down the driveway, ate an enormous lunch, and is now kind of lounging tiredly around the house.






2 comments:

  1. Well Gregory, I was thinking about you all morning today. I am so glad to learn that you had such a good day at school, and I think that it was very kind of you to help your neighbor in line get used to the idea of being at Kindergarten.

    And Lily, you look just beautiful today, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, you look Lovely!

    Gregory, I can't believe how big you are! Kindergarten?!? How time flies. Hope you have as much fun in Kindergarten as Annika did last year!

    ReplyDelete