
At left you can see Lily's BIG pumpkins, all round and orange and ready for fall. At right, Henry enjoying one of his last lazy days of summer, wearing jammies at noon, driving a matchbox car on the cat. .
.
.
Boys love to ride on stuff. Henry rode up to the house from the garden, along with a very large load of fresh veggies. And Gregory got to do a test ride on the BRAND-NEW school bus that he'll get to ride home after morning kindergarten!! He starts school this week on Wednesday.
.
.
.
.

The kids are making the most of these gorgeous early-fall days. We have cornstalk swords and corn tassels and still a fair few wildflowers for the kids to mess with. A new school year is exciting, and I think they kids will have fun. But it's going to be a shame to say goodbye to this awesome summer we've just had. Summers can be SO busy, they can zip past without the kids having a chance to be free and unstructured, they can sometimes turn out more hectic than the school year you were looking for an escape from. We have been so fortunate to have had a REAL summer this year.
Oh it all just looks like such wonderful fun. I so wish I could have made it out there this summer. Maybe next summer! Then Miles can join in the unstructured fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd I DO like that picture of Henry driving his car on Harold. What a good natured kitty. Lydia would definitely have bitten him!
I'm glad you had a nice summer. I hate summer, so I'm always so happy when the weather changes. It's good your kids have a mommy who loves summer.
ReplyDelete