Grandpa Kenny sent Henry some birthday money, and this wonderful sandbox/picnic table set-up is what we bought with it. Now Henry can spend many happy, shaded hours playing with sand while Mommy tends the garden.
Henry has quite a few things to play with inside the garden fence so that Mommy can garden without wondering where Henry has wandered off to. We tried to wash and fill the wading pool today, but it has a hole in it. We will have to buy a new one! The goal here is to make the garden enclosure SO appealing for the kids to play in that Mommy has people begging, PLEADING with her to spend time in the garden. "Please, Mommy? Can't we go spend time in the garden? You can work while we play!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And here are the big kids lounging in the shade, munching on things they got from the garden: sugar-snap peas and strawberries! 
The garden looks great! And the new sand box looks like a great place to play! I hope one day Miles's older cousins will teach HIM how to play on the slip-n-slide!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I love the sandbox near the garden. Clever! That quiche looks sooo good! Do you mind posting the recipe? I love how the big kids are doing so well with the Slip-n-Slide. The girlies were playing with their sprinkler earlier today. I bet a slip-n-slide would be loads of fun- especially for Annika. Our wading pool (slightly bigger than the hard plastic variety) also gets yucky fast. Blech.
ReplyDeleteThese 90F degree days are killing me. Not literally- but I just feel too tired to do anything useful!