The chronicles of a busy, happy family living in the house up on the hill.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Hello
What's happening at the Mears house lately? Well, we had a rainy day yesterday, and even when it wasn't actively raining, the mosquitoes were overwhelming. So it was definitely an inside day. Mommy made a fresh batch of orange kool-aid play-doh (play-doh made with unsweetened kool-aid powder for both coloring and scent - it's fun!). The boys played with play-doh for a solid 90 minutes! Hooray for over an hour of cheerful indoor entertainment!
Meanwhile, poor Lily was lying in her bed suffering through a virus of some sort. She's been feeling puny since Sunday, but as of this posting (Thursday) she's starting to turn the proper color again, and is nibbling at a bit of this and a taste of that. Hopefully she's well on her way to recovery!
And we have these little visitors to our deck many times a day. As you can see by the fact that I'm close enough to take this picture, they are almost completely unafraid of us. We can be out there making every kind of racket - pushing around metal toy dump trucks, blowing bubbles, watering and managing plants ... the birdies come to the feeder anyway. They frequently buzz right past someone's head!
That is one sad and melty-looking Lily. I am so glad to hear that she is vertical today. And one of these days you'll have to email me that play doh recipe. No rush, of course, because Miles would only eat it at this point...
Poor Lily! I'm glad she's starting to feel better. Hooray for homemade playdough! I made some the other day...it's so much fun! (oh...there's an edible "play dough" that uses peanut butter.)
Edible?! Hm... I wonder if that would be a confusing concept to introduce. Sometimes we eat play-doh. Other times we don't. "Food" for thought, anyway. Have you tried it?
That is one sad and melty-looking Lily. I am so glad to hear that she is vertical today. And one of these days you'll have to email me that play doh recipe. No rush, of course, because Miles would only eat it at this point...
ReplyDeletePoor Lily! I'm glad she's starting to feel better. Hooray for homemade playdough! I made some the other day...it's so much fun! (oh...there's an edible "play dough" that uses peanut butter.)
ReplyDeleteEdible?! Hm... I wonder if that would be a confusing concept to introduce. Sometimes we eat play-doh. Other times we don't. "Food" for thought, anyway. Have you tried it?
ReplyDelete