Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A mish-mash of things from our past few days

To kick this post off right, I'd like to crow a little about my newly organized, tidied pantry! Thanks to my mom, who was getting rid of excess stored stuff, I have a bunch of new tupperware containers for holding the seemingly endless bags, boxes, and piles of food for a hungry, growing family. Hooray for a pantry that's organized enough for me to find what I'm looking for!

Next, you won't be surprised that Gregory was "pretty sure" he could move this entire felled pine tree out of the yard for me. He heaved and tugged, but that tree is still there! It was good of him to try...










Henry's Ingredients for Fun

One dump truck

One soccer ball

One empty plant container from the greenhouse


First you put on your hat. Then, check all around you to see if anyone noticed that your hat is actually a flower pot. Give a "who you lookin' at?" glare to anyone who laughs.




Then go about your business. You've got style and you know it.














It rained almost 4 inches over a couple days earlier in the week. In no way did we need 4 inches of water, and the water had a hard time figuring out where to go. There were (and still are!) puddles everywhere. We had a really warm, sunny afternoon once the rain stopped, and the kids had an amazing time wading (splashing, frolicking, running, jumping, laughing) in the water. The other kids are not shown participating in this fun activity, since they both shed their clothes for puddle jumping. You can HEAR the exciting fun in the video below.



And last, but not least, we had a family movie night a few days back. The movie was "Marley & Me", which wasn't the best family movie night choice of all time, but the kids enjoyed eating pizza and popcorn on the family room floor, and they liked (but didn't love) the movie.











2 comments:

  1. I like Henry's gangsta pants look. The fluffy diaper really adds an amusing new dimension to an already hilarious style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I'm jealous of all those Tupperware boxes! I most certainly could use a few in my pantry.

    Love the photos! Henry is too too cute...I think Margaret's comment is hilarious. That fluffy diaper DOES add a rather amusing dimension. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete