*
*
*
*
*
*
*
An exciting sign of spring is a lilac plant in bloom! I put this in the new front planter last fall, and am so excited to see it blooming this year! I didn't actually remember what color it was supposed to be. I bought this plant because of its shape - a tree-form, instead of a bushy shrub - and didn't actually pay any attention to the color the label said it would be when it bloomed. It's ... what ... pinky-purply? Mauve? Anyway, it's pretty and smells sweet.
And this is that aforementioned front planter. This is pretty much "it" for the foundation plants in here. I am sure that I'll fill in gaps as time goes by and I see what plants do well, and which don't grow to their stated potential sizes. At the right is a better look at the border plants.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Henry and Lily enjoyed the completely perfect weather this afternoon with some bubble-blowing on the deck. Lily figured out that you can get your hands soapy with the bubble solution, catch bubbles, and let small brothers pop them. Fun for everyone!
*
*
And what have we here? Henry staged a raid on the green beans that were still sitting out after lunch.
*
He dumped out all the remaining green beans onto the table and went after them with a fork.
*
*
*
Who ME? I would never dump out all the green beans and eat them straight off the table!
And last is the pathetic way in which these two boys spent the morning. In a bid for the "Bad Parent of the Year Award" I barricaded them into the family room (see that overturned table in the doorway?) and let them watch two full-length children's movies and two 30-minute children's television programs while I laid on the couch behind them wondering if it's possible to die of a headache. I did not die, and I REALLY HOPE that their little brains didn't rot out with that much TV time all at once.
Aw, I'm sorry about the headache. I've done the same sort of thing - without the barricade :) A day of TV won't hurt them. Hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteLove the random mish mash of photos! The planters are coming along nicely. The girls will be so jealous to hear that their cousins have gotten to play in the sprinkler. It's been warm but not that warm here. Cute Henry going to town on those green beans! Ava actually likes them too!
ReplyDeleteHey...I certainly understand watching movies all day when you're feeling awful. Been there; done that! Hope your headache has gone away!
You didn't tell the best part about the green bean story! The part where he went to get the green beans AFTER COOKIES.
ReplyDelete