In a turn of events that will surprise no one, Lily has been delightedly picking each and every daffodil that blooms over at the old house. In this handful, she also has some forsythia flowers. This picture was taken Friday, which was Pajama Day at school. It was ENTIRELY too hot for fleece jammies that day. I think it must have been 80 degrees - you can tell by Lily's hot, flushed cheeks.
Lastly, I'd like to show off the tiny bok choy plants that are neatly lined up in the garden. There are several things already growing out there, including this bok choy, some swiss chard, collard greens, lettuce, and sugar snap peas. Yay for spring gardening! It'll be weeks and weeks yet before we get to EAT any of this stuff, but it is very exciting to see things getting underway.
ETA: Lily made this really pretty drawing of an oriental rug during the day today. It was so nice I couldn't NOT post it.
What a marvelous weekend! I just saw the first tiny pea-leaves poking out of my garden. Spring gardening is the best. Maybe you should install the puff adder as your garden sentry. He seems very brave and proud. :)
ReplyDeleteOf course we love seeing snakes! We haven't seen one yet. However I did see a hummingbird this morning! First one of the year! Love, love Lily's artwork.
ReplyDelete