Friday, June 11, 2010
Meet Flash!
Meet Flash. He's a baby robin who we found on the ground under Mom and Dad's burning bush, next to his two sadly deceased siblings. Something had toppled their nest, and Flash was somehow still hanging on to life. He's been in Mom's care for two days now, and he's doing apparently very well. He eats his own body's weight in earthworms every day, and he's visibly growing and developing. See how his little pin feathers are starting to poke out on his wing? And his eyes are TRYING to pop open today, though he can't quite make it happen yet. He makes cute little peep peep sounds when you feed him. He's definitely in the category of "so ugly he's cute". Why is he named Flash? I have no idea. That's what the kids decided to call him. I guess it's more original than Robbie the Robin, which is what we always called rescued baby robins when I was growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww. Poor little Flash. I'm glad he's being taken care of!
ReplyDeletePoor Flash! However, it's awesome that Mom is caring for him! She's great at that! I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a baby bird.
ReplyDeleteFlash opened his eyes WIDE this afternoon! Birds grow up so fast. He's still funny lookin' though.
ReplyDelete