Christmas has come early to our house. This little guy was supposed to be released from his mommy on Christmas Eve, but his breeder called to say he was ready to come home with us a week earlier than expected because he was already weaned and eating well. SO ... Meet Rudy (as in... hum it with me now ... Rudy the black-nosed puppy... had a very waggy tail!). Rudy is a crossed breed called a "Teddy Bear", which is half bichon and half shih-tzu. He's seven weeks old, and darned cute.
Grandma and Grandpa Breutzman are the providers of this WILDLY POPULAR Christmas present. I tried to capture their euphoric happiness when Grandma unveiled this complete and total surprise to the kids last night, but they were all so excited and bouncing so much that I only got blurry pictures at first. As things have settled down, I've gotten some pictures of very happy kids holding a super-sweet, friendly puppy. So far he is a wonderful puppy - brave and friendly, calm and trusting.
He's not very big. In case you can't read the number on the scale, it says 1 lb. 7-7/8 oz.
And also, he has been a very very good boy about using his puppy potty pads and not our floor or his crate. He's still a wee baby, and as of this posting he's in his kennel protesting bitterly. I am sure that he misses his littermates and his dog mommy. But signs point to him being a great little friend for all of us, once he settles in.
Aw. He's so cute. I'm glad you got him early. It might have been just too much excitement for small children and a small puppy to add his arrival to all the Christmas excitement.
ReplyDeleteOh my. Oh me oh my. I demand MANY more pictures of this little guy in action. He is just ABSURDLY cute.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable!
ReplyDelete