Just a few days till Christmas, and here are some pictures of our lead-up to Christmas. For starters, here are the kids in the church Christmas program. Lily was in the chorus/crowd, and Gregory was a shepherd. I think you can tell in this picture that Lily is not feeling well at all, but she and Gregory both did a very nice job singing and reciting lines with their classes.
Here is the preschool and kindergarten class all dressed up as shepherds. Gregory really didn't like the headdress he was given to wear, but he left it on and did his part very nicely. (Side note: Gregory is reading along as I type this. I DID NOT KNOW he was reading so well! Woo-hoo, Gregory!)
And here we have the Christmas tree as a background for kids on Christmas vacation (still in their jammies!) holding their Christmas puppy.
I should be baking and cleaning and all sorts of Christmas-ey preparations. But we have a new puppy and I am so sleep-deprived. I have finally figured out a way to get something done around here, though. Rudy is a TINY dog (1 lb. 10 oz. as of this morning), and he's so friendly and always wants to be right with us. He is very much at risk for getting stomped on if he's on the floor (not to mention that the floor is very much at risk for getting piddled on!). And he HAAAAATES his little kennel with a screaming, yelping, frantic, panicked passion. So I put this little wire cage together and he's quite a bit happier in here. He is safe from busy feet, but it's open and he can see us, plus the kids can easily reach in to pet him. This little cage can scoot from room to room so he's never all alone. As of this posting, he's asleep in that little kennel (he doesn't mind it so much when the door is open!). I still haven't gotten anything useful done, but that's my own fault :-)
The Christmas program looks great! And weeeeeeeeee little Rudy is still cute, I see. Nice job maintaining his cuteness. I'm sure it was difficult. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's one cute little puppy! Gregory looks less than pleased to be dressed up...but I'm glad to hear that he still did well. Lovely Christmas tree with some very cute kids in front!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is some darned cute little dog.
ReplyDelete