Me: How was school today, Gregory?
Gregory: It was great!
M: Did you eat your recess snack?
G: Yup! I ate the whole thing.
M: Both of your breakfast cookies?
G: Yup! And my whole sandwich.
M: Um. Sandwich? I didn't send you a sandwich.
G: Yes, you did! It was in my backpack.
M: What kind of sandwich was it?
G: Ham and cheese.
M: That was LAST WEEK'S ham and cheese (and mayo!) sandwich!
G: Well, it can't be rotten, or else it would have tasted yucky.
M: (dialing phone) Can I please speak with the phone nurse?
*
Oh, dear. So far, he seems to be OK. No signs of food poisoning 8 hours later, and apparently if he stays fine over the next 12 hours or so, he'll be officially free from consequences. I must have missed seeing the elderly sandwich in his bag when I was packing his recess snack for today. And till this sandwich event, he had been gobbling up everything I sent him for a snack, so I wasn't actually expecting to find old food in there. Oops. Fingers crossed he'll stay fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's hoping!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to go through that but it IS funny! :)