Sunday, July 26, 2009

What have we been up to?

We've been seriously busy with doing ... nothing! The kids have been playing outside, we've been to the zoo, worked in the garden, done some bike riding (on the long driveway). Basically, we're trying to keep things lazy and low-key for summer vacation this year. Recent years' summers have been MUCH TOO BUSY with trips, events, new babies, house-building, etc. It's a real treat to just hang out this summer and take things one day at a time.
(Do you like Henry's scooter-riding costume? We're sort of trying to introduce the idea of potty training, and we've found naked time outdoors to be the most useful tool in getting kids started. Thank goodness for the well-placed pinwheel.)



Here's proof that Henry is his mother's child. I used to LOVE to play with the sit-n-spin. This one has seen intermittent use with the other kids, but Henry's a true fan.

I think they say that the first step to getting help is admitting you've got a problem ... do you think it's possible to have an addiction to flower bouquets? With all these glorious things blooming just outside my house, what else could I possibly do but make bouquets? Lots and lots of bouquets. Large ones, small ones... short ones, tall ones!





3 comments:

  1. Well I wouldn't call it a PROBLEM ... looks like a pretty nice thing to have! And yes, I do like Henry's scootering outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Love Henry's "outfit"! How's he doing with the potty training?

    Oh man....who wouldn't love all those flower bouquets? Plus you have so many lovely flowers to choose from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the flowers all over the house. I used to do that with wildflowers at the ranch. It seemed lacking when I didn't have fresh flowers.

    They got Cole potty trained with nude outdoor time, also. He was SO PROUD when he came in and declared "I POOP! By tree!" And peeing off the raised deck. Whatever works.

    ReplyDelete