I might not have mentioned to some of you that Lily has been participating in a week-long summer choral festival this week. It's an annual thing in which anyone who wants to can come and rehearse and perform with British composer and conductor Jonathan Willcocks (performing his music, of course) in one busy, hard-working week. This is the first time Lily has done anything like this, and she was GREAT! So diligent and focused in daily 90+ minute rehearsals, and really professional on stage. She really knew her music and sang it boldly and bravely. She came out of the performance bouncing and bubbling with excitement, grinning from ear to ear, and extremely proud.
The music was "How the Whale Got His Throat", a Just So Story by Rudyard Kipling, which Mr. Willcocks set to a very kid-friendly set of songs (with children dancing also). It was very fun and cheerful.
Lily, I'm so impressed that you sang in this concert! Do you think you'll want to follow your Mommy's and Grandma's footsteps and sing in a big chorus?
ReplyDeleteHey! I WANT MORE UPDATES!
ReplyDelete