Thursday, July 2, 2009
Doe with Triplets
I certainly hope you can click to enlarge this photo (sometimes that seems to work, other times not ... and I don't know why!) This is a mama deer that we've been seeing in the hayfield daily this summer, and she has THREE babies. It's not the greatest picture, but it's the greatest one I could get. The one in center is the mama, then one baby in front of her, and two behind her. It's kind of hard to tell that the blob in back is TWO babies, unless you enlarge the picture. You might have to take my word for it, but there ARE triplet fawns! The mama is looking mighty thin, but she's doing her level best to keep up with those three babies; she's in this hayfield night and day, eating, eating, eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Has Dad put out any extra food for her, or is there plenty easy pickins right now?
ReplyDeleteDad has talked about getting some grain/feed for her, but so far she's just been managing on her own.
ReplyDelete