Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh, how we love watermelon!!!



5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh! That's one GIANT watermelon (from your garden, right?)!

    Love that last photo...with Henry....did he have anything too cute to say about that beast of a watermelon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we grew that in the garden! The kids were all very impressed with the giant watermelon (andit is ssssoooo delicious too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. You grew it?! When do you have to start them? I keep telling my kids it's too cold here, but I'm afraid the real culprit is how late I often plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Hannah! We grew that watermelon and about a half-dozen others just like it. We had two big round ones that grew from a volunteer plant that grew from last year's watermelons, so I didn't "plant" that one. The other two plants were purchased seedlings from a nursery, and I put them in the soil in maybe the 2nd week of June.

    ReplyDelete