Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time for some new pictures, isn't it?

We've hit the after-Christmas lull, in which not much of anything happens.  Kids are back in school, weather's too cold for much outdoor adventure, and nobody has much of an appetite for big outings after all the hustle and the bustle of the recent holidays.  With not a whole lot going on, there haven't been a lot of reminders for me to take out the camera and shoot some new postables.  But at last, I have a few things to show you.

Who is getting ideas over there?  Look at Mr. Fluffy licking his chops, trying to figure out if he can make a big lunge and nab a treat.

They say that "what goes around, comes around"... and I believe this picture is an excellent illustration of the saying.  I was guilty of COMPLETELY spoiling my parents' dog Zack when I was in high school.  I let him sit on my lap during meals and sometimes sneak a little something.  If Rudy ends up as a terrible table-manners menace, it will only be just about what I deserve.

Henry said, "Hey, Mommy!  Take a picture of me!"  And so I did.  Here he is, cute as ever.

I can't explain why these photos, not all taken on the same day, are all of kids sitting at the table.  You can look at my bony children and know that they don't spend ALL their time at the table.  But here, Gregory gives his official opinion of last night's dinner, ham and bean soup and homemade bread.  He said it was the best soup he's ever had and better than I've ever made it before.  He had THREE bowls of it.

He's not actually sad to be in his kennel; he seems to quite enjoy hanging out in here while people are zooming around the kitchen and homework area.  He can keep an eye on everything without getting stomped on or tripped over.  But he does look kind of forlorn, poking that wee nosey out from between the bars of his kennel.

Here are two photos that Lily wanted to take last night.  She hasn't traditionally ventured into the artistic realm of photography, always before preferring to draw or paint her portraits.  But here you have her first photography efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment