Monday, January 25, 2010

Rudy Gets a Haircut

The excessively fluffy Rudy gets his first-ever doggie haircut ... incidentally, also on the same day, the incredibly inexperienced Beth performs her first-ever doggie haircut (with the help of almost everyone else in the house).  EDITED TO ADD:  Look for the RED captions by some photos.  Gregory was our official dog haircut photographer!

It all started with a bath in the laundry room sink, then a trip upstairs for a big fluffy blow-dry session.  He looks absurdly pathetic when he's wet, doesn't he? Photos by Gregory
Despite only being 4 pounds, it took Ray and me both to hold him still ... and "still" is only relative.  He was NOT interested in having his hair cut.  Nope.  No thanks. Photos by Gregory
About halfway into this, it started to seem completely hopeless.  He was insanely wiggly and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.  I had watched the video TWICE and thought I knew what to do.  But practice proved far different from theory.  On the left, he seems to be saying, "Do we HAVE to finish this?" Photos by Gregory

But we got it done, and he actually looks better than he did when we started. It's a VERY rough and choppy haircut, but it was mighty free!  I'll keep practicing, he'll get more patient (I hope!), and as time goes by I hope he'll look OK.
It totally wore him out to squirm and fuss so much, and he was willing to sleep wherever I set him down.  The crib next to a wiggly 2-year-old?  Fine.
Or, the bunk bed next to another little boy?  Whatever... snore.

2 comments: